Sunday, August 14, 2016

Happy Birthday Blossoms And.....

.....Sequins Are Your Friends!  (more on that later)

This card will be entered into the following Challenges; Altenew, Pink Flamingo, WOW! Embossing PowderFlowers, and Cheery Lynn, Back To Nature.

 
 
 
I used the Altenew stamp and dies sets, Beautiful Day. I stamped and die cut one flower and 2 sets of leaves, stamping the other blossoms and leaves on to my background.  I only used one pink ink and one green ink, but you can still see the slight variations (I should have let each layer dry before re-stamping--live and learn). 

 
The outline of the flowers and leaves I heat embossed in White.  The Happy Birthday die cuts are by Cheery Lynn, Happy and Birthday.  A handful of iridescent Sequins.....now speaking of sequins.....when I was masking off the background blossoms my post-it was soaked with green ink on the back side--unbeknownst to me.....blossom, top right, 2 green ink smudges.....grrr.....should have bought that sanding stone.....so I added a couple of extra sequins hoping to hide my mistake.....I figure if I give it this to anyone older than 80 I may just have a chance!  Oh and lucky me, all of my Mother's Gal Pals ARE older than 80.....it's a win/win!  lol
 
Thanks for coming by, I love it when you do.....c'mon, let's get another coffee refill!
 
Enjoy~~



10 comments:

  1. I'm not over 80 and I think it's beautiful. I like the flowers embossed with white ep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Donna, this is gorgeous, and I love how you've layered the flowers and leaves! Beautifully done, and I don't see any smudges! We are far too hard on ourselves, I think! Wink! I really love the black matting with the word dies too! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, flowery card! I love Altenew stamps and die sets, I need to get some more!
    I'm not 80 yet and would love to receive it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color variations that you got on your flowers. It looks like the light is shinning on the front one. It gives lots of texture. Anyone, any age would love this card. The sequins are a good element for covering mistakes, but I love the crystal look of dew drops that they give to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to smile with your sequin commentary!!! How many of us have used sequins to cover up boo boos?? That and rhinestones or Crystal Drops. This is stunning and a great take on the challenge...beautifully colored flowers, and I love the simple white background. Simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely, delicate creation with that amazing white EP, Donna! Gorgeously designed (as always) and brings a big smile to my little face! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so very pretty, this is one of my fave Altenew flowers and it is perfect embossed in white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely birthday card. Always love roses. Thanks for playing along in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful floral card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Would never have known about the smudges AND I have my glasses on ;)

    ReplyDelete